Super Moderator

Games Workshops Blood Bowl.

This is a game that has been out of favour with GW for quite a few Years which, to be honest I have liked, as it meant that the rules were not subject to constant updating. A new official version was released a couple of years ago which is creating quite a bit of interest down at the club.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB...261+3130211731

This is a great game. American football for the Warhammer races. We have some new teams being built and old ones being given some TLC, though I did get some very funny looks in the pub bar when we were getting a drink and talking about what we were up to and i mentioned that I had just touched up a couple of Nuns.

https://www.tritex-games.co.uk/shado...s-411/nun-418/

Shadowforge do some really great minis, and I was tempted to go for their Wicked Elf team but I did not have a brush thin enough to paint their uniforms, and anyway I just loved the Nuns.

https://www.tritex-games.co.uk/shado...icked-elf-421/
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

This was HUGE at local game stores in my area several years ago.... tournaments every weekend. I never went to any but, I sat them discussed quite a bit on their forums. I never see anything about it anymore.

However, I know what you mean, Frank.... it’s like Flames of War for me, where the fanatics have moved on to Bolt Action, and now I stand half a chance at winning a game!!!
    "There is no off position on the Genius Switch”

Super Moderator
    We are starting up a BB group now, so far we have 8 people interested, some have played before and some total noobs.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    We are starting up a BB group now, so far we have 8 people interested, some have played before and some total noobs.
    Keep us posted! The folks at the game stores that talked BB were simply ravenous about it all. I found it fascinating that the talk was so aggressive in topic, which made me wonder about the aggressiveness in gaming I can’t say I understand the mechanics of what is being played...system-wise.
    "There is no off position on the Genius Switch”

Super Moderator
    I played my first game in a couple of years this last Monday and I pulled of a very surprising win against a very good player, though I usually find that if you are the more experienced guy then you tend to part play your own team and part help the other guy with tips and sometimes rules confusion and it usually is the new guy who wins

He had a team of Shadow forge Vampires and Thrall, which being by Shadow forge were all very female and very nearly dressed, so with my Nuns it is not a game that would normally be seen on the tv. I did have a look online for the Vamps but could find no images or details so it looks like they have been discontinued, a real shame.

There are 8 turns to a half and I found myself in easy reach of a touchdown on turn 7 of the second half so I had a choice, go for the TD and effectivly end the turn, and the game or go for the usuall approach and try to hurt people instead (its not called BLOOD bowl for nothing) but time was getting on so I took the win.

This is a game I love so it is great that it is taking off again. I will come back later with a quick rundown on how the game is played.

You can also get a pc game of this which is ideal for anyone who has trouble finding opponents, or who just wants to play the game.

Elie Wiesel.