Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
    I have heard of the incendiary bats before, they were supposed to be used against Japan to burn their cities down.
    Yeah, the bats did actually work, as was proven by them burning down a US air force base when they escaped

One of the sagments last night was about Gunner Wojtec of the Polish artillery. The bear mascot who had been with the company since he was a cub had to be officially taken onto the company list when they were transferred to Europe for Monte Cassino and mascots were not allowed. A six foot bear wearing a helmet and carrying shells like his human friends must of been a hell of a sight to see.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

Working my way through The 100. Nice angsty young adult stuff. Fantastic character development. Think I'll get the books eventually.

Last edited by Duncan; 04-07-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Super Moderator
    We have watched the first series of this and were not too sure about it. I have also read the first book expecting it to be basically the series but, from what I remember, it only covers the first part of the series.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

The second and third seasons are better. After that it feels like they are scraping the barrel for a story arc. I still enjoy it. Maybe because I wish that I was still 17 lol . I have all four books on my e-reader now.

Game of Thrones tonight... Season 4, in a couple episodes.
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456