Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

What are you watching tonight?

That time between 8-11pm, which is my Prime Time viewing, is always a premium time slot for me. Even on the weekends, I tend to devote the most concentrated viewing time to this time.

What are you watching tonight?

...letís keep this a running thread.
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

Tonight, the 20th season of “Big Brother” starts! ...and I’ll be watching.

I hate to admit that I watch this particular reality show, especially since it has really been reduced to a tits and jiggle show, full of links and college kids....with the occasional oldster. It didn’t used to be that way...in fact, it was originally, a fascinating social experiment, with much of the house guests across the board in age. That’s when it was the best, in my humble opinion.

Yet, I haven’t missed a season yet....it’s one of those things that you become invested in and have to follow it through to the bittter end. But that’s not to say I don’t enjoy the show still....I do! It’s just....different.

I never really cared much for any of the reality TV shows. This was has really denigrated into a teen age show. I haven't watched but one episode of Survivor either. The only reality show I ever liked enough to sit down and watch was a short lived show about TV stars roughing it in the wild. That was mildly amusing to see how millionaires and stars would do without their people and their things in a camping like experience. I don't remember the name of the show. But I would watch that again.
    "And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still. It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Quote Originally Posted by 50th View Post
    I never really cared much for any of the reality TV shows. This was has really denigrated into a teen age show. I haven't watched but one episode of Survivor either. The only reality show I ever liked enough to sit down and watch was a short lived show about TV stars roughing it in the wild. That was mildly amusing to see how millionaires and stars would do without their people and their things in a camping like experience. I don't remember the name of the show. But I would watch that again.
    I think what I most get out of shows like Big Brother are the competitions...I have always enjoyed that, going back many years. Survivor is actually still, an excellent show, for the competitive and gameplay side...it’s not ‘frat house party time’ like Big Brother. Of all of them, the only other one I watch yearly is Amazing Race, which is the highly rated, and speaks to those of us that like to see world travel (I can’t afford overseas vacations, so I live vicariously through this show!).

Tonight, episodes 8, 9, and 10 of Babylon 5, Season 1! As I remember, this is really where you start to see some of the story arcs starting to heat up.

Super Moderator
    We don`t actually watch much tv these days, being more likely to watch a dvd boxset instead, but tonight is different, two of our favourite series following one another, Gotham and Supernatural.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

Time to revive this thread!

Last night, my wife and I watched the first six episodes of Fawlty Towers, on a remastered DVD set I’d bought a few years back. That’s actually, half the series! ...there were on 12 episodes, the first six in 1975 and the last six in 1979 (yeah, weird, right!?!). Hilarious show, but I found Cleese was making me feeling anxious with his wild portrayal... probably because my frame of mood presently is stressed. What started as an intent for funny balm, ended up being a shock to the system, LOL.

The night before that was The Red Green Show...a Canadian comedy 90’s; and Are You Being Served...a British Comedy from the 70’s. Those tickled my funny bone.

Tonight, right now, my wife is watching 1950’s science fiction movies... just finished ‘Them’, which was nuclear affected ants, and now something about octopuses on the rampage. Hence... I’m on the forum

I fell asleep during a documentary on the Battle of Kursk.

My wife's been in Mexico all week, leaving me to deal with all three kids while tackling a huge load at work. So tonight, right before she gets back, I'll be watching Rogue Warfare (2019) on Netflix. I don't know anything about it, but the pictures look cool. It's about special forces in the Middle East. There's a sequel from 2020, too.

If the kids don't keep bothering me, I'll be watching it, that is. At least I now have the ability to watch it with earbuds, so it won't keep them awake.

Both sound great... I’ll have to look for the Netflix entry, and I always love war documentaries!

I’m going to watch El Dorado!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast