Thread: Hello!

Littleton, Massachusetts, 35 miles west of Boston

Hello!

I just joined. I've been wargaming for over 45 years - AH's Kriegspiel was my first. I also play "regular" euro style games. (Don't judge!) Besides games, I'm into music, both listening and playing (tenor sax), and I perform magic - the pick a card any card type.

I'm active in AHIKS - if you don't know what that is, ask me.

I'm fairly handy with creating and tinkering with VASSAL modules. If you ever need a hand getting started with VASSAL, maybe I can help - or at least commiserate with you.

Thanks so much for taking the time to join our forum and I look forward to seeing you around the boards! Based on your write-up, you've much in common with other members here, including me!

I cut my teeth on Avalon Hill games, and still love them. I'm an ex-drummer...trying to teach myself acoustic guita these days, to the displeasure of the neighborhood cats; and I've always been tempted to try doing some magic but never got farther than the old magic in a box set (which I was horrible at, haha).

I for one would be interested in learning more on VASSAL. I use the engine to GM play-by-post games here at the forum (even more so at the old forum, of which this is the next gen)....Tank on Tank has been quite popular. What I'd really like to figure out is how to build mods on VASSAL...perhaps I can pick your brain on that someday; or maybe you can do some tutorials.

Please let myself or any of the Mods know if you need help navigating the forum, where to put a subject, how to upload photos, etc. The Tutorial section might be a good source for you, though I really need to build that up.

Anyway, again, thanks for joining...enjoy the site!!!
    If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Super Moderator
    Welcome to the forum. A lot of the guys have a gaming background similar to yours, I am much more a miniatures gamer myself. Also a music lover, though I think music peaked in the 60`s and 70`s with very little decent stuff being done after the 80`s.

Frank
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post

I for one would be interested in learning more on VASSAL. I use the engine to GM play-by-post games here at the forum (even more so at the old forum, of which this is the next gen)....Tank on Tank has been quite popular. What I'd really like to figure out is how to build mods on VASSAL...perhaps I can pick your brain on that someday; or maybe you can do some tutorials.
    Absolutely! Maybe I'll take one of the thousand VASSAL projects rattling around in my head, and make notes of what I'm doing as I do it, and turn that into tutorials on how to make a mod from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by rgranville View Post
    Absolutely! Maybe I'll take one of the thousand VASSAL projects rattling around in my head, and make notes of what I'm doing as I do it, and turn that into tutorials on how to make a mod from scratch.

You are my Hero!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    You are my Hero!!!!
    Thanks! I accept cash, checks, money orders, Irish whiskey...

Quote Originally Posted by rgranville View Post
    Thanks! I accept cash, checks, money orders, Irish whiskey...
    Bottle's in the mail, LOL!