Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cruel Seas

The models for this game are impressive, particularly the resin and metal kits. A problem with many Warlord kits, is that the company seems very secretive about the assembly of their models. The Cruel Seas models suffer from this malady more than most.

It takes patience and a little study to determine which parts go where; the models rarely come with instructions, one often has to refer to multiple images to correctly complete the model.

My American fleet arrived, an Infantry landing ship, a cutter, four landing craft, a Corsair fighter plane, and four OF boats. The vendor added a surfacing submarine, and for some reason, a bonus Japanese Val dive bomber.

I’ve been sooooo tempted too get into this system. I believe they are the same size as Axis & Allies War at Sea miniatures (1:1800) so there could be some possible crossover.

As I understand it though, on the Cruel Seas minis, the bases are molded to the ships? I’m not sure how distracting that’d be.

I am wondering what folks think on comparison of the Rulebooks.... is one preferred over the other.
    "There is no off position on the Genius Switch”

Warlord does have a "Victory at Sea" game which is fairly new and 1/800th scale, this must be what you're talking about.

https://store.warlordgames.com/colle...victory-at-sea

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzenspark View Post
    Warlord does have a "Victory at Sea" game which is fairly new and 1/800th scale, this must be what you're talking about.

https://store.warlordgames.com/colle...victory-at-sea
    Oh yes, I see now....I did mix them up.

OK, so what are the size comparisons from Cruel Seas to A&AM War at Sea?
    "There is no off position on the Genius Switch”

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    Oh yes, I see now....I did mix them up.

OK, so what are the size comparisons from Cruel Seas to A&AM War at Sea?
    Cruel Seas scales well with micro armor, many of the models include crewmen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12