Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow ARCHIVED: Duncan's 2019 Reading Challenge

Set myself a goal of 50 books this year. Some of them will be comic trade paper backs. Some of them will be school stuff.#1Signed edition. Giving it 3/5 because the story is interesting and the art makes it hard to follow at times.Name:  Killing Jar 1.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  34.2 KB

Read this to help a friend with a first year English course she needs for a non-lit related degree. Gave it 4/5 just to be a literary snob.

Name:  Skin of Lion 2.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  18.5 KB

I love the cover artwork on the #1 book...so I find it ironic it seems to kinda get in the way. I'm blown away at how advanced graphic novels have gotten over the years.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

Book #3
    Part of the Kreisel Lecture series. Read it for school as part of a course on Literature of British Columbia

Name:  Sasquatch 3.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  17.1 KB

Book #4
    An look at North American colonialism from the perspective of the occupied indigenous people. Written as a comic trade paperback to make it accessible to people who would not normally read long articles. It's another one for my course.

Name:  500 Years 4.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  28.9 KB

Book #5
    Part of the Kreisel lecture series (Canadian lit). Second read through for school.

Name:  Dreaming 5.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  33.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Book #5
    Part of the Kreisel lecture series (Canadian lit). Second read through for school.
    What is home....and can one belong to more than one place (if I get the premise of the book right). That's a real brain cruncher! I'd be curious to hear what you conclusion is at the end!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

Book #6
    Another comic trade paper back. Signed copy. Kinda meh... 2/5

Name:  American6.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  21.1 KB

Book #7
    I read this because I had to read the author's Kreisel lecture for school. I felt like crying at the end. 5/5

Name:  Half Blood 7.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  30.6 KB

Book #8
    Another school book. I finished it on a beach in Cuba and still got 100% on the weekly assignment. Another book that makes me want to cry.

Name:  Monkey8.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  21.2 KB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast