Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Duncan's 2019 Reading Challenge

Set myself a goal of 50 books this year. Some of them will be comic trade paper backs. Some of them will be school stuff.

Signed edition. Giving it 3/5 because the story is interesting and the art makes it hard to follow at times.

Name:  Killing Jar 1.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  34.2 KB

Read this to help a friend with a first year English course she needs for a non-lit related degree. Gave it 4/5 just to be a literary snob.

Name:  Skin of Lion 2.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  18.5 KB

I love the cover artwork on the #1 book...so I find it ironic it seems to kinda get in the way. I'm blown away at how advanced graphic novels have gotten over the years.
    If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Book #3
    Part of the Kreisel Lecture series. Read it for school as part of a course on Literature of British Columbia

Name:  Sasquatch 3.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  17.1 KB

Book #4
    An look at North American colonialism from the perspective of the occupied indigenous people. Written as a comic trade paperback to make it accessible to people who would not normally read long articles. It's another one for my course.

Name:  500 Years 4.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  28.9 KB

Book #5
    Part of the Kreisel lecture series (Canadian lit). Second read through for school.

Name:  Dreaming 5.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  33.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Book #5
    Part of the Kreisel lecture series (Canadian lit). Second read through for school.
    What is home....and can one belong to more than one place (if I get the premise of the book right). That's a real brain cruncher! I'd be curious to hear what you conclusion is at the end!
    If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Book #6
    Another comic trade paper back. Signed copy. Kinda meh... 2/5

Name:  American6.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  21.1 KB

Book #7
    I read this because I had to read the author's Kreisel lecture for school. I felt like crying at the end. 5/5

Name:  Half Blood 7.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  30.6 KB

Book #8
    Another school book. I finished it on a beach in Cuba and still got 100% on the weekly assignment. Another book that makes me want to cry.

Name:  Monkey8.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  21.2 KB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast