Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator
    I have to say that I did not phrase that well. Charlie is a private investigator, an ex policeman, and the investigations always lead to some great evil, usually supernatural or with at least a supernatural element. He is now a major, if sometimes unwitting at first, player in a war against evil forces that seek to change the world as we know it.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

Super Moderator
    Book 12 and 13.

The Outsider, and Mr Mecedes.

By Stephen King.

The Outsider is classic King. An explosion of violence to start and then things settle down, or do they.

People can`t accept inconsistancies in what happened and just look a bit deeper leading them further away from all reasonable theories. King is a master of the slow build, and this is one of the best of his I have read for quite a while. Holly Gibney from one of Kings other trilogies plays a major part and it looks lke she will be becoming a central character in her own right.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...6-the-outsider

Mr Mercede is a book I picked up a while back in a charity shop and while it looked like a book I would like to read there were several that I wanted to read so it got pushed to the back of the pile. With one of the characters, Holly, turning up in the Outsider it made me read this and , while not as good it was still a very good read.

A retired cop is taunted by a criminal that he could not catch and he sets out to find him, in the process giving himself reasons to actually get back into his life, rather thanjust sit round thinking about ending it all.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/137...hodges-trilogy
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Super Moderator
    Books 14 and 15.

Spartacus, the Gladiator, and Spartacus, Rebellion, by ben Kane.

I am not actually reading these books as quickly as it seems as I have got a bit behind with my writeups, nearly caufgt up npw.

This is a really good 2 book mini series. Most people know the bare bones of the Spartacus story but this fleshes it all out a lot more.

Kane is not, in my opinion, one of the best of the historical writers but he usually delivers a good interesting read .

https://www.goodreads.com/series/80816-spartacus

Elie Wiesel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12