Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

GOAL: ValleyCon 29 IPMS Show, Chicopee, Massachusetts, March 31, 2019

I actually and truly cannot remember the last time I did any modeling ...well over a year?

I need some motivation.

There's an IPMS show held every year about an hour away from me, in a town named Chicopee, Massachusetts, so I am lucky in having one so close by to me. It's called ValleyCon, and this years' is ValleyCon 29, on March 31st. It's sponsored and held by the Wings & Wheels Modelers Club, which also happens to be the closest IPMS Chapter to me, in Springfield (also about an hour away)... the Western New England Chapter. The show/competition is an excellent chance for me to perhaps re-energize my interest in getting back at the workshop table; or at the least, motivate me to finish cleaning and organizing the area.

I've competed in a couple ValleyCon's in years past, in the Open Competition, which awards medals. I've won several Bronze and Silver medals....but never the Gold. I'm totally unprepared to compete this year, but the competition is at the end of March, and I do have the Russian ZIS-42 "Snow Coach" that has never been showed....perhaps I can show that, and even make up a diorama based to show it on. At this point, it would be a stretch to complete another model...the P51 Mustang that I left off on was a horrible kit and I am not sure I can rescue it, but it might be worth looking into.

So, the plan is to attend the show...see if there's a spark.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

So I've two kit boxes dug out and sitting on the workbench top! A 1/72 scale MiG, a friend gave me; and a 1/35 scale T-34/85 I'm thinking I'd like to do as a Cold War Hungarian tin can. (I think I got those right )

So, the space has a bit of space cleared out. I need to clean up the area now...as in, sweep and wet wipe. The plan is to work on the area this coming weekend at latest. So far, I still beel a slow burn on the Mojo....hoping to fully ignite the burn!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

Same here man. Five started kits waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Same here man. Five started kits waiting.
    ...Oh man, right?!? I have an Italian M13/40 Carro Armato, a PzIVH, a P-51 Mustang, and a German Halftrack all started and waiting for years for next steps. Kinda blows what's left of my mind. If I put a serious month of work on these, they could be ready to show, but I don't want to go from 0 to 60 and burn out.

What do you have in the soup?

Maybe if we both start on one kits (started or not) and post build threads here, we can start some inspiration going. I know we have some other model builders here that could stand to slap some glue around!

Maarten has been an enormous inspiration to me in past months, and is truly what started getting the burn back for me to get off my ass.

I'm Back!!!

OK, cleaned the workshop out, and it's ready for action. Started completion on an old build... Revell's 1:48 scale P-51D Mustang, which I am building as "Miss Marilyn". Took the better part of Saturday afternoon to clean. Spend a little time on model today.

Name:  IMG_0866.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  60.6 KB

I'm taking it slow and easy and seeing where things go. No pressure

I'll pull out the 1/72 AS-90. It just needs some paint and decals.

I'll pull out the 1/72 AS-90. It just needs some paint and decals.
    Excellent! Let's get these other fellas modeling!

Well, life intervened with some pretty heavy hitting stuff at work and with family, so I've not gotten the work in I'd planned... and it's gong to make the IPMS show am iffy affair, as I only have one model to show, and I'd rather it be on a dio-base....but it might be fine without that. I'll have to really consider things and see what develops.

Take care of the family first.
    BTW - I love your workshop. Beats hell out of my old table in the living room.

Take care of the family first.
    BTW - I love your workshop. Beats hell out of my old table in the living room.
    Thanks...and Thanks! Family always comes first, over everything.

On the workshop, it is awesome, honestly.... I REALLY have to clean out the storage shelf under the tabletop, and will free up so much room for staying much more organized. It's a rat's nest of crap, right now....bits and pieces of tools, stock, and God know's what else!!! It makes me anxious just peeking under there, which is not goof: I aim for Zen in just about everything these days, and that storage spot is definitely not Zen!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast