Kitty Litter for ground rocks in dioramas!

Yup, you heard me right! Kitty litter has been a long tested material for use in recreating rough, rocky terrain in dioramas. Now since hearing that many years ago, there is now a plethora of clumping kitty litters out there so, no idea how that would work!!!
    If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Super Moderator
    I don`t know anyone who has tried this, but surely there would be a problem with glueing it down as it is designed to absorb moisture so I am not sure how that would work. Would it absorb the glue before it had chance to stick?
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I don`t know anyone who has tried this, but surely there would be a problem with glueing it down as it is designed to absorb moisture so I am not sure how that would work. Would it absorb the glue before it had chance to stick?
    Ah, excellent question and thanks for pointing me in the direction to clarify: It has to be the old style clay-based (and of course unscented ), which doesn't absorb like the new brands (of which you are absolutely correct on that). To be honest, I've not used it either, but I can see how it might be worth a look.
    If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Super Moderator
    That makes sense to be honest we have not had a lot of experience with that type of kitty litter, we use the wood pellet type which definitely would not work.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor