Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super kits! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you choose for camouflage on the MiG-3.

Are you planning on a heavy weathering of the AFV? The crew inside that puppy must be both terrified and turned on of the nuns!!!

Airbrush on the deck, eh? Smart man, fr the ventilation alone...but must be a bit of a pain dragging a compressor out there! (...or do you use compressed air cans?)
    If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

I have ruined too many models trying to weather them. I stick to limited weathering now.
    The MiG will be brown and green. I have two other versions of the same kit. One has some white metal additions. One of those will be winter.
    I live in a small apartment so outside is a must. Dragging the compressor out is why I try and use rattle cans or a cheapo airbrush and canned air when possible.

Get to work and post some stuff man.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    I have ruined too many models trying to weather them. I stick to limited weathering now.
    The MiG will be brown and green. I have two other versions of the same kit. One has some white metal additions. One of those will be winter.
    I live in a small apartment so outside is a must. Dragging the compressor out is why I try and use rattle cans or a cheapo airbrush and canned air when possible.

Get to work and post some stuff man.
    Weathering is an art unto itself...true skill stuff. I'm a newb with it. I'd like to try some advanced stuff in time, including MIG pigments that Nick always touted, but so far all my stuff has been homwgrown

Yes....hitting the bench over the next couple days so, will be posting! I've re-engaged with the P-51D Mustang... and I think I'm going to try that MiG 15 (1/72 scale) to get me building again, as well as painting. I think I'll tackle the Soviet T-34/85 as a Hungarian Revolution 1956

Just to prove I have been working. The underside of my 1/72 MiG 3 is blue now, still wet. I might or might not do more filling. It's an old Frog kit. I'm going to knock it off and hang it in my cabinet. Just enjoying it for what it is.

Name:  MiG3_002.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  70.7 KB

'...just enjoying it for what it is' sums up many of the kits I have waiting for build in the stash -- old kits, but decent, compared to kits from 40+ years ago.

Calling the AS-90 done so I can move to something else.

Name:  AS90_003.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  64.4 KB

My first attempt masking with Silly Putty. Wish me luck.

Name:  MiG3_003.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  65.3 KB

I’ve heard it quite effective....Nick has used it, I believe. I picked up some Play Doh for similar. I can't await to see how it works out!

I was just down at the workbench area this weekend working on moving some items for my wife... I need to sit down with the Mustang now!

The MiG is in the trash.
    The putty was old. Not very sticky and left an oil stain. I then tried to freehand airbrush it. But I blew too much paint. It looked terrible and leaked under the masking tape. I learned much about double action air brushes and compressors though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12