Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by josta59 View Post
    I really dig that last image. Looks fun to play on.

The original version of this game was fantastic system-wise, but the maps really sucked in my opinion (a lot of people liked them....I didn't). Look here for an example of the old design.

The new system has maps that are just phenomenal; and from what I can tell so far, the system rules were revamped very nicely. I'm very excited to see this come out, even though it's going to KILL my wallet over time. At about a $100 a game, that's going to amount to a pretty penny over several game modules. Though honestly, ALL wargames have gotten way out of hand, price-wise, at anywhere from $100-150+.
    If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Here are some of the NEW Czech forces released through the Kickstarter for Storming the Gap. Combat in the area has some unique challenges due to the closed-in nature of the terrain and fighting at point blank range....

Name:  53100439_2382855641748180_5488383156727840768_o.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  100.1 KB

Name:  52953648_2382855658414845_7210858955902287872_o.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  96.8 KB

You may notice the second picture is the same as the one from earlier, but with units on it!!!

Stretch Goal #13 Unlocked!

Stretch Goal 13: $80,000 Storm and Steel Second Wave - The Final Line Expansion Module

Name:  fullsizeoutput_41c.jpg
Size:  19.9 KB

This is a second expansion module, based on the exciting novel from Brad Smith, titled "Storm and Steel". The Final Line expands Storming the Gap to include more fighting in Lower Bavaria between Soviet and Czech forces, and West German defenders. Combat in this area has unique challenges due to the close-in nature of the terrain and fighting at point blank range. One new geomorphic map and two exciting scenarios are included.

Value added, $25

Stretch Goal #14 Unlocked!

Stretch Goal 14: $85,000 Data Cards for Storm and Steel Second Wave - Reference and Miniature Play

Name:  fullsizeoutput_41d.jpg
Size:  19.7 KB

These Data Cards were designed as reference cards, kept by the board or in your hand. Each shows an enlargement of one combat unit counter, and also lists any special functions of that unit, with rules references for them, as well. Also shown are movement and range in hexes, but also include, and here's the truly awesome part....

...movement and range translated into 6mm, 15mm, and 28mm scale for use of the system with miniatures!!!

HUGE...again!!!!!

That alone just made this even more of a Must Have system for me! As mentioned the earlier, similar stretch goal report, I have GHQ that will play well in one of the smaller scales; but more exciting, this just upped my GF9 TANKS! and Battlefront Team Yankee units' values!

There will be one card per unit type, for each Nationality in the Storming and Steel, Second Wave Expansion Module (West German, Czech, Soviet).

Value added, $40

Stretch Goal #15 Unlocked!

Stretch Goal 15: $95,000 World At War 85 Solo Assistant Card Set

Name:  fullsizeoutput_41e.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  20.0 KB

The World at War '85 system is already solo-friendly, due to use of Random Draw from a Formation card deck, which activates both friendly and enemy formations in a scenario. The WaW85 Solo Assistant is a deck of 52 cards that allow you to generate more specific actions for the maneuver elements of enemy formations, allowing for a more-refined, solitaire play experience.

Value added, $? (I would say, at least another $20 worth of product!)

Those Stretch Goals basically equate to approx. $375 USD worth of added merchandise! That makes my $70 pledged game worth $445!

This is why I love KickStarter pledging!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123