Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Nice collection of games you’ve been playing there! I’m not sure I’ve ever played Vietnam-era, though I’ve owned Firepower since like the 80s, and bought Flying Pig Games’, ‘65....I’ll have to get my act together!
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

March 1918, Operation Michael begins. Game is S&T game 1918, Imperial Germany's Last Chance.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

WOW, impressive looking game! The magazine games are deceptively amazing! I was clearing out the Batcave yesterday, reorgazing and decluttering, and I came across a couple I’d forgotten about. The maps and counters are just as nice as boxed games. Do you find (like me) that a lot of the magazine games are so special because they often cover much more diverse subject matter than you’d find in a standard boxed game?

Very cool. (plus 10 characters so I can post)

Hey Em. Yes I like magazine games for the reasons you mention but also price plays a major factor in my purchases.

Beginning of the first German combat phase of turn 2. The British have done a pretty good job of blunting the first German attacks although they did lose ground. With that being said most of the German artillery has been left to far behind the advance and are out of range so will need to be moved forward, artillery will be available for the second combat phase.

The British have bent but did not break the initial onslaught. Reserves have been brought forward and attacks around Lille have dislodged the Germans from their trenches and British units have advanced.

The French front (not pictured) has remained quiet with exception of a French push down by the Swiss border causing the Germans to entrain and move 3 cavalry divisions to the area.

Luftwaffe, pulled her out and set her up.

Looks like a smaller counter footprint, compared to 1918, LOL! How does the system handle planes shot down... are there wreck counters, to are the planes just taken off the board? This game would be good to use those little plastic flame markers in the counter where a plane goes down!

Name:  5E4AC093-1E08-411B-9215-0FB9CA6B63E8.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  16.1 KB

They just come off the board. It was fun revisiting this old game. I paid less then a buck for this unpunched at a Goodwill store back in the early 90's.

Rock of the Marne, scenario 4 The British in the Ardre Valley. Looks like a nice small scenario to get my feet wet with.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456