Thread: Takom

Takom

Slowly working on a diorama using the Takom model kit 21cm Krupp Morser. The figure is a resin kit out of the Ukraine.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Holy Jesus, that’s a Brutus sculpt on both! The figure is amazingly details... and kinda looks like you! The artillery piece is bad assed, too! How is the flash... did you have to do much in the way of sanding or filing of mold lines? What are you proving with!
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

Hi Em. The kit was a beauty to put together. No flash at all. The mud is actually a botched snow job that made me put it aside for awhile until I decided to make it mud. The kit is still available, the only disappointment was the morser is the only thing in the box, no pieces of equipment to go with it. I was hoping for a projectile or two at the least.

I like the mud... for some reason, it’s more what I think of for battlefield conditions at that era. What you’ve done for mud work looks amazing! Pity on the accessories... yeah, I woulda thought at least three shells would be a must. Perhaps you’ll find something on aftermarket.
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    Perhaps you’ll find something on aftermarket.
    There was actually, by Model Cellar, seems to be discontinued. I see a company out of China is making the figures so maybe there's a chance.

Em, found away around my no projectile problem. Dowel. Luckily had a piece that looks the right circumference, after smoothing out the tip I will cut it to length. I also found a wooden plaque in my odds and ends stash for use as a base.
    Attached Images Attached Images