Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cool! ...looks delicious. Yeah, pic uploading can be weird sometimes...if I upload, they come out super small. That’s why I started using Postimages.org
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

I'm thinking like Homer!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My latest brew is a...er, that is...it was supposed to be a...

Mexican amber lager (sort of)

Name:  Mexican amber.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  85.8 KB

It was supposed to be a clone of Dos Equis Amber. I opened it last night, and it tastes more like a brown ale. I'm not set up to brew at lagering temperatures, so I used a yeast that can be used for pseudo-lagering at warmer temps. It turned out maltier and fuller bodied than a Dos Equis Amber, and also a bit darker. But I like malty and full bodied, so I'm fine with that. It's also so smooth, I could hardly put it down. It didn't seem to have a lot of alcohol, similar to a Dos Equis.

It might have a slight "off" flavor, but it could be my imagination. The basement where I lager my beer flooded a few days after I brewed it. The inside of my fermenter looked a little strange after that. So some basement bug may have gotten in. I feel like I can taste the basement a bit when I drink it. But it's very subtle, and, again, it could be my imagination. We got the basement fixed right after that happened, so hopefully it won't be a problem in the future.

With this brew, I actually met my goal of saving money versus buying beer at the store! That's not easy to do, as most home brewers would tell you.
    Last edited by josta59; 05-18-2021 at 11:56 AM.

Malty with nice color and a perfect head of foam! Nice, sure looks good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12