Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1/72

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Looks like pdfs are now free, pay for actual printed copies as there are many pages of free downloads on their site.
    Free is good!! Did you download and take a look at them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
    Free is good!! Did you download and take a look at them?
    Downloaded Micro Armour the Game WWII 2nd edition. Game scale is one miniature equals a platoon. Not a scale I like so I didn't go any further in my read. I have no interest or knowledge of playing at that scale so any thoughts I would have may be both tainted and uninformed. I will download Micro Squad and see what it is.

We are talking micro armour here, why render it at that scale? Unless they are going for the "present" table size typical for skirmish gaming of 2 feet per side I don't see the point. Even at a table that size you could get a good game in, especially in France or any close country. And especially with infantry. Oh well.

Micro Squad is not a free download. I opened up the sequence of play and it didn't tell me enough about the game to be able to form an opinion. Details I noticed;

Every unit gets an initial shot before movement. Then you roll to see how many orders you get. I assume actions after the initial volley, partially confirmed by the wording, indicate movement, opportunity fire and something else(?) requires the expenditure of orders. An idea I like in that the total amount of actions may be limited but YOU decide where to spend your actions. Unfortunately not enough detail to get game scale and more. Whether it is still armour only with infantry, if at all, just an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Micro Squad is not a free download. I opened up the sequence of play and it didn't tell me enough about the game to be able to form an opinion. Details I noticed;

Every unit gets an initial shot before movement. Then you roll to see how many orders you get. I assume actions after the initial volley, partially confirmed by the wording, indicate movement, opportunity fire and something else(?) requires the expenditure of orders. An idea I like in that the total amount of actions may be limited but YOU decide where to spend your actions. Unfortunately not enough detail to get game scale and more. Whether it is still armour only with infantry, if at all, just an afterthought.
    https://www.wargamevault.com/product...I,-2nd-Edition

...free rules. And yes, I believe it’s what makes your wiggle waggle.
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123