Tupville Station

I want to try something somewhat simple for my first N-scale scratchbuilt structures. I need a rail station for my CN passenger train, which is an older model than what the layout will likely be. The premise is, a tourist ‘Ride a Train!’ business. The layout is small, and the main line will be used for this particular train, so small is good! The layout is going to be a small town anyway, so it fits!

KATO actually makes a cool little station and cross-tracks waiting/boarding platform, but I am curious how much of my modeling skills are transferable to this project, and it will give me a good idea of what I can reasonably cope with for more advanced builds. This is the KATO station...

The plan would be for the station to probably sit in the inner loop, to the left (looking at the layout (from the engineer’s loco cabin!) if the crossing.

The platform will be within the passing siding, and will be much skinnier than this version shown. So in theory here, the passengers would have to step across two lines of track to get to the platform...not ideal, but actually is done in real life! What I might add-on to this build is a pedestrian sky bridge.

I’m looking to build it with heavy card stock for the exterior walls, with perhaps foam core board support. I’m winging this so, we’ll see what works! I’ll begin soon...I just wanted to get this thread started.
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

Looking forward to this Em, let er snap! I've seen your work, your skills are more then up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
    Looking forward to this Em, let er snap! I've seen your work, your skills are more then up to it.
    Thanks! The hold up has been time to start this... the Engine Stall kinda horned in on the action, and then the beginnings of securing track down with BlueTac (which worked GREAT!). Though a side delay is also due to indecision of whether the use plastic and, evergreen, or similar styrene sheets... there may be a lot of warpage with the card stock in painting it.
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

I can see where painting card stock would be a serious concern.