Woodland Scenics FS640 Model-Vac

Just ordered this vac for static grass application, from Amazon.com tonight. A side order to the static grass applicator I also bought.

The Model-Vac is the perfect strength for picking up loose landscaping material but still leaves glued items behind. This cordless modeling vacuum features an ergonomic design and can access small areas. The Model-Vac is easy to empty and does not cause damage to excess material so it can be used again. Batteries not included
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

Cool little gadget

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
    Cool little gadget
    It really is! ...I saw a landscaping video clinic where the modeler used a a household handvac with a pair of pantyhose material on the nozzle, to capture the loose static grass and foam rubber bits for brush, so that it could be reused in other spots of his layout. Not only was that super clunky-looking to use, and tends to suck the pantyhose straight up the pipe, but I personally I can’t spare any of my pantyhose!!!

I would imagine this has a much gentler suction to it, so I’d think it would be kinder to the debris vacuumed. The landscaping material is very expensive, so I definitely want it to go as far as I can make it go in use. This also seems easier to store and much easier to handle. It was well worth the nominal price.
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ