Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Are you using Firepower or something else?
    I'm using my new Fireteam Firepower rules, which have many similarities but are quite a bit different from my previous Firepower rules. I wrote about them and posted them here: http://www.wargamingdropzone.com/sho...EAM-FIREPOWER!

Things were going well--we took out two enemies--until my SAW gunner was seriously wounded by a grenade at the end of turn 2. Realistically, I think the mission would then change to getting him home safely. So, that was a short campaign!

If I were playing it like a video game, I'd have to start over until I can get through the scenario without getting one of my men seriously wounded. I might try it again. It was pretty fun and intense.

But...heck, I have to assume Ramirez is in trouble. So I guess I'll leave one of my men (also wounded by the grenade, but not as badly) with the SAW gunner and go after Ramirez with just a two-man team. Mission on!
    Last edited by josta59; 04-30-2021 at 04:21 PM.

We played a game of Skirmish Sangin at a con a couple years back. Same deal. We had a mission, until one of the troopers was seriously injured. Then it immediately changed to an evac mission. I think this is more based on going into hostile territory, no one can be left behind, as opposed to a front lines of two roughly equal forces scenario where one is assumed to be able to recover their wounded after a fire fight. or the enemy can be counted upon to take care of the opponent's wounded.

Yes, video game mentality. Keep fighting until the scenario is broken. Reset and start again. Not like real life.

Hmm.

Indeed. My wife and I are deep in season 3 of The Unit. That same thing happened on a critical mission. Same size of team. But they were able to still complete their original mission while evacuating their wounded. So I'll try to do the same.

I'm on my third time through now. This is so fun, I actually want to keep trying. Haven't experienced that much before.

Enemy grenades are no joke.

Interesting concept... I’m joining in on this thread late so catching up on the nitty gritty. I have to admit I chuckled at the ‘I’m trying to make things simple and your trying to complicate things’ statement a few posts back, hahaha. That sums you two up perfectly!!!

...I have to say thing, the reason so many games are more complicated is, to achieve more depth in realism. The most complicated systems I know, like ASL and Flames of War are super complicated for a reason... diving deep into the minutiae. That’s good and bad. Whereas I tend towards the more complicated, I totally agree with your desire for simplifying and not getting bogged down in the mud.

I love the idea of the contact markers... in most games, those are represented by a “?” Counter. ASL uses them ad infinitum!

I keep asking you this question but keep forgetting the answer... do you N-scale buildings with your miniatures? (If not, which scale?) ...and do you use 10 or 6mm?
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    I have to admit I chuckled at the ‘I’m trying to make things simple and your trying to complicate things’ statement a few posts back, hahaha. That sums you two up perfectly!!!
    So true!

...I have to say thing, the reason so many games are more complicated is, to achieve more depth in realism. The most complicated systems I know, like ASL and Flames of War are super complicated for a reason... diving deep into the minutiae. That’s good and bad. Whereas I tend towards the more complicated, I totally agree with your desire for simplifying and not getting bogged down in the mud.
    I guess my goal is to make things feel as real as possible without having to remember or look up dozens of pages of rules. I had a bad experience with the original Firepower rules years ago. I'm still getting over it! Every time I make a new set of rules, I get closer to my goal. I'm feeling really close now!

I love the idea of the contact markers... in most games, those are represented by a “?” Counter. ASL uses them ad infinitum!
    Cool, I didn't know that about ASL! I like to keep my miniatures rules feeling like a board game, too, as much as possible. And a video game. And a movie. I'm always trying to combine all these things!

I keep asking you this question but keep forgetting the answer... do you N-scale buildings with your miniatures? (If not, which scale?) ...and do you use 10 or 6mm?
    I use N-scale buildings and N-scale civilian vehicles. I use 10mm figures and 10mm military vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by josta59 View Post
    I guess my goal is to make things feel as real as possible without having to remember or look up dozens of pages of rules. I had a bad experience with the original Firepower rules years ago. I'm still getting over it! Every time I make a new set of rules, I get closer to my goal. I'm feeling really close now!
    That’s exciting! I love the tenacity you’re displaying at whittling down to that perfect set of rules for yourself. That’s awesome!

Cool, I didn't know that about ASL! I like to keep my miniatures rules feeling like a board game, too, as much as possible. And a video game. And a movie. I'm always trying to combine all these things!
    Yeah, the ones like you use are generall called Event Markers. Lock ‘N Load Tactical uses something similar, too, as do some other systems. The basic idea is, is... as soon as one of your units come into LOS of the marker, it activates it... you turn it over and it’s either a live combat unit or a dud. Others indicate an SSR to look up to see an Event.

I use N-scale buildings and N-scale civilian vehicles. I use 10mm figures and 10mm military vehicles.
    Check this Etsy offering out! I was considering some of these for my model railroad...there are a bunch of different buildings. What got me was they are super cheap...even do ing from Canada.

Im going to be trying my hand at constructing my own N-scale buildings. Keep an eye out in the Rail Yard build area. If you like what you see, maybe some can make it your way!

...oh, you mentioned, not sure where to place this thread...generally, this would be a Proving Grounds thread, ‘cause it’s an idea being developed and tested

Check this Etsy offering out! I was considering some of these for my model railroad...there are a bunch of different buildings. What got me was they are super cheap...even do ing from Canada.
    Yes, I got all my sheds from them, and they're great. I even posted an unboxing video! http://www.wargamingdropzone.com/sho...aper-buildings

Im going to be trying my hand at constructing my own N-scale buildings. Keep an eye out in the Rail Yard build area. If you like what you see, maybe some can make it your way!
    Very exciting!

...oh, you mentioned, not sure where to place this thread...generally, this would be a Proving Grounds thread, Ďcause itís an idea being developed and tested
    Ok, that makes sense. Thanks.

Dang, I remember that video now! Thanks for the reminder! Very excited to see that, and your using them in miniature gaming.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12