Thread: Axis forces

Super Moderator

Axis forces

https://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=7238

This new book is now available for pre order. I have never actually seen anyone field any of these forces but some of them do look interesting.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

Bit of a niche area to get into, be interesting to watch and see how well this is received.

Super Moderator
    They were all lumped in at the back of the Grey Wolf compilation of the various books that had been released for v3 and they all seemed to play quite differently. From memory the Hungarians, or RUmanians, had access to a lot of the German armour though with variable skill and morale so they were reasonably simple to use I would have thought.

The Finns had a lot of captured early Russian armour which was quite outclassed in later war though correspondingly cheaper. It is surprising how a horde of poor tanks can do a lot of damage if they can get side shots at weaker armour
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Super Moderator
    They were all lumped in at the back of the Grey Wolf compilation of the various books that had been released for v3 and they all seemed to play quite differently. From memory the Hungarians, or RUmanians, had access to a lot of the German armour though with variable skill and morale so they were reasonably simple to use I would have thought.

The Finns had a lot of captured early Russian armour which was quite outclassed in later war though correspondingly cheaper. It is surprising how a horde of poor tanks can do a lot of damage if they can get side shots at weaker armour

Elie Wiesel.

I know the Rumanians had PzIV's and the Hungarians had a pretty decent self propelled gun with their Zriny (sp?) series, the Finns had Stug's and also some PzIV's I think. As for morale by 1944????

Are you going to give this a go Frank?

Super Moderator
    No, definitely not, though that is because I am trying to cut down on the amounts of armies/forces/ whatever I am using now, both for the cost and because I am in my mid 60`s and I am getting conscious that I don`t have too many active gaming years ahead of me and with only getting 1 night a week I don`t get enough chance to play with the stuff I do have.

Meanwhile a spotlight on the new book:

https://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=7241

Elie Wiesel.

I'm 62 so I know where you are coming from Frank.